Civil Cases

A federal civil case involves a legal dispute between two or more parties. A civil action begins when a party to a dispute files a complaint, and pays a filing fee required by statute.

Civil Cases

A civil case starts when an individual files a complaint with the civil court and then serves another individual with a copy of the complaint. An individual has twenty-days to file an Answer to the complaint. if not, a default order will be enter against this person. The complaint describes the damage or injuries suffered, explains how the defended caused the damage or injury, indicates how the court has jurisdiction over the case and asks the court to enter an order against the defendant. A plaintiff may seek money to compensate him or her damages, or he may  ask the court to order the defendant to stop the conduct that causes the damage. 

Civil Lawsuit

The process begins when the plaintiff files a complaint with the court and “serves” a copy of the complaint on the defendant. The complaint describes the plaintiff’s damages or injury, explains how the defendant caused the harm, shows that the court has jurisdiction, and asks the court to order relief. A plaintiff may seek money to compensate for the damages, or may ask the court to order the defendant to stop the conduct that is causing the harm. The court may also order other types of relief, such as a declaration of the legal rights of the plaintiff in a particular situation.

If you are facing a Civil Case, call for a consultation with Attorney Juan J. Mendoza.

Please contact our office with one of our attorneys

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt for viewing does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. TypeCopyright © JUAN MENDOZA. All rights reserved.
Contac Us
Riverview Corporate Center
27299 Riverview Center Blvd.
Suite 102
Bonita Springs, Florida 34134

Tel.: (239) 262-0427
Fax: (239) 262-0710